“This mix is supposed to sound like it shouldn’t sound like it does…….get it? Nah, me neither.”
HAPTIC – IF YOU TOLERATE THIS THEN YOUR GENRE WILL BE NEXT (MIX)
S.I.T Wolf X
Tired of the same old boring Christmas songs year after year? The same songs in the same style every December? Fear no more…..
This is a Christmas mix with a little bit of a twist. Nothing too “out there” or but different enough to keep you from going insane with the sounds of X-Factor garbage or other annually released festive “songs” ringing in your ears.
The mix starts off with an epic track from Mew and goes into some Christmassy pop and funk then we head into Christmas cover territory and mix it in with some fuzz from the Crocodiles, Dum Dum Girls and a boy/girl cracker (pardon the pun) in the form of The Hives and Cyndi Lauper. After that the mood drops slightly with some more sombre and thoughtful numbers….but wait, we’re rescued by E from Eels telling everything’s gonna be cool! Then Maps serenades all the mistletoe lovers with his version of East 17’s “Stay Another Day”, Band of Horses make us glow like Christmas trees with “The First Song” then Jonah, Chino and Grady give us their take on the Band Aid classic. After that it’s time to test the ears. Can you recognise all the different versions of of “White Christmas” that Corporal Blossom has mashed together? We end with 65daysofstatic take on the same classic song. And if your brave auditory system can get through the joyous white noise you’ll be rewarded with the little Christmas bonus of Arcade Fire having fun doing a version of “Jingle Bell Rock”. Full tracklist below.
An Alternative Christmas
1. Mew – She Came Home For Christmas
2. Best Coast and Wavves – Got Something For You
3. James Brown – Soulful Christmas
4. Summer Camp – Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses cover)
5. Jimmy Eat World – Last Christmas (Wham cover)
6. Weezer – O’ Come All Ye Faithful (Christmas carol cover)
7. The Hives and Cyndi Lauper – A Christmas Duel
8. Death Cab For Cutie – Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) (Darlene Love cover)
9. Crocodiles and The Dum Dum Girls – Merry Christmas (Baby, Please Don’t Die)
10. Asobi Seksu – Merry Christmas (I Don’t Wanna Fight) (The Ramones cover)
11. The Boy Least Likely To – Christmas Isn’t Christmas
12. Bon Iver – Blood Bank
13. Frightened Rabbit – It’s Christmas So We’ll Stop
14. E – Everything’s Gonna Be Cool This Christmas
15. Maps – Stay Another Day (East 17 cover)
16. Band Of Horses – The First Song
17. Far, Deftones and Will Haven – Do They Know It’s Christmas (Band Aid cover)
18. Corporal Blossom – White Christmas
19. 65daysofstatic – I’m Dreaming Of A White Noise Christmas
20. Arcade Fire – Jingle Bell Rock
Download it over at mediafire An Alternative Christmas with SIT Wolf
or have a listen first on the Soundcloud link below and then head on over there and download it.
I made the mix 70 minutes long so that it will fit nice and snugly onto a CD and you can entertain/bore your family with it over Christmas dinner. I’ve already made a few CDs up for my friends and family.
S.I.T Wolf X
ps. I’ve had to hold off the “Are Friends….” interview with Santa till during the week. He was busy this weekend, said he was wrapping stuff up or some shit like that. Fucking amateur.
Earlier on this week my friend Callum asked me to compile him a “shoegaze” type mixtape that he could play at a gig that he is hosting. Just something that could act as a noise filler before, between and after the bands have played. I was undecided about whether or not to make it an hour and a half or 2 hours so instead settled for the standard 1 hour and 18 minutes to allow the mix to be transferred to CD if needed.
When it came to making this mix i wanted to make sure i incorporated all elements of shoegaze stylings in the music. There’s the heavy and quiet sides, an electronic element throughout, some less traditional styles of shoegaze, some well known, some lesser known, some shoe-pop or indie-gaze such as Radio Dept and The Rosebuds and onto the ridiculously cool side of shoegaze known as HTRK. There’s also a few audio samples from films included as usual and there’s a slight curveball at the end in the form of Maybeshewill remixing Minnaars. Techno-shoegaze-core anyone? God i hate genralization.
Anyway, it’s basically just a big effects laden, fuzz filled 80 minutes. Hope you enjoy and feel free to download from Soundcloud or Mediafire. Links are below the setlist.
THE KIDS WANT SHOEGAZE
1. 93 Million Miles From The Sun – Step Into The High
2. A Place To Bury Strangers – In Your Heart
3. Screen Vinyl Image – Cathode Ray
4. The Jesus and Mary Chain – Degenerate
5. Ringo Deathstarr – Swirly
6. Singapore Sling – Overdriver
7. The Band In Heaven – Dreams (cover of The Cranberries)
8. Crocodiles – I Wanna Kill
9. Rraaiillss – Red Strings
10. Manhattan Love Suicides – Skulls
11. Mixtapes And Cellmates – Soon
12. The Radio Dept – Ewan
13. Team Ghost – Only You Can Break My Heart
14. M83 – Teen Angst
15. Autolux – Turnstile Blues
16. HTRK – Ha
17. Stuck In The Sound – Zapruder
18. The Rosebuds – Border Guards
19. Tired Irie – Freeze Me A River (Maybeshewill remix)
20. Minnaars – Spelt With A K (Maybeshewill remix)
LISTEN and DOWNLOAD: Someone’s In The Wolf – The Kids Want Shoegaze @ 192 kbps
DOWNLOAD: Someone’s In The Wolf – The Kids Want Shoegaze @ 256 kbps
S.I.T Wolf X
Part 2 of the Halloween mixtape is a dancier edition….
1. Alkaline Trio – Halloween
2. Michael Jackson – Thriller (LLR remix)
3. Justice – Stress
4. Mr Oizo – Pourriture X
5. Felix Cartal – Skeleton
6. Gerruz – Vendetta
7. Figure – The Phantom
8. Mimosa/Nina Simone – I Put A Spell On You
9. Halloween Theme (Chrispy dub)
10. Emalkay – Mecha
11. Gorillaz – Hip Albatross
12. Memory Tapes – Pretend The Devil Isn’t Real
As i mentioned previously i made a 5 hour Halloween playlist for my friend Morgan who is studying in America just now. She had her dorm party last night, i hope it went well.
Here’s some of the tracks i used in it…
S.I.T Wolf X
So this is the first part of the Halloween mixtapes i promised. This is just a short “creepy” one. It clocks in at about 40 odd minutes. While walking home late at night earlier this week i came up with the concept of making an atmospheric and “intimidating” mixtape that could be used at the beginning of a party, maybe just as the guests are arriving or whatever. My original idea was to make it a bit longer but i was pressed for time so just quickly recorded this one.
The songs i used are ones that i think hell (if there is one) would sound like.
I fell in love with the Drop The Lime remix of “Ruins” as soon as i heard it. The Burial Hex ones speak for themselves. The Wolf Eyes track is borderline terrifying. Aphex Twin as usual is slightly deranged and as for the A Place To Bury Strangers track…well, to me “Falling Sun” has always sounded like the noise that would be playing when the world ends.
Meet Me In The Graveyard At Midnight
1. O.Children – Ruins (Drop The Lime remix)
2. Burial Hex – Go Crystal Tears
3. Wolf Eyes – Village Oblivia
4. A Place To Bury Strangers – Falling Sun
5. Aphex Twin – Gwely Mernans
6. Burial Hex – Will To The Chapel
just right click and save as
MP3: Someone’s In The Wolf – Meet Me In The Graveyard At Midnight
Here’s a few little bonus tracks thrown in with a skeleton theme just for good measure.
MP3: Radiohead – Bones
I’ll get another mixtape up before the weekend is out. I’ve also made a massive 5 hour one for my friends party so i’ll try post some tracks off of that as well and i’ll get some more Halloween themed stuff up too before Hallow’s Eve eventually arrives…
S.I.T Wolf X
So finally, finally, eventually, at last i get to post the remaining two parts of the Live @ Eclecticity set.
No explaining is needed really, they just carry on from parts 1 and 2 respectively. You may notice that part 4 is more “popularly orientated”. Basically i decided to end the set with some versions of songs that pretty much everyone will know and then finished the set off with my favourite end of the night songs courtesy of “Splittr” and “Dirty South”. The official set ended after “Phazing” but there’s a 30 or so second gap where i thanked the audience etc and then explained why i was playing the next two tracks. The two tracks in question were of course a tribute to the recently deceased Charlie Haddon of Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. I let them play as i was exiting “the stage”.
So here goes…
1. Nixon – 2012
2. Hot Pink Delorean – Fake Warp To Bloody Mars
3. Pictureplane – Goth Star
4. HEALTH – USA Boys
5. Hostage – Loft In Bass
6. Moulinex and Xinobi – Discotexas Theme
7. Laconic – Compact It
8. Duck Sauce – Barbra Streisand
9. LOL Boys -123
10. Swedish House Mafia – One
11. Felix Da Housecat – Oops!
12. Disco Trash Music – Floorkiller
13. Valerna – Snakes
14. These New Puritans/Salem – Hologram
15. Jape – Floating
16. Lady Gaga/OoOoOo – Poker Face
17. Grasscut – Muppet
18. Matty G – My 808
19. DJ SS – We Came To Entertain
DOWNLOAD: Right click and save as SIT WOLF @ Eclecticity 2010 Part 3
Tracklisting (Part 4)
1. DJ SS – We Came To Entertain
2. Lust – Disco Is Dead
3. Pixies – Where Is My Mind? (Bassnectar Version)
4. Toxic Leon – Sex On Fire
5. QOTSA/Chemical Brothers – Sick Beats
6. QOTSA/Chemical Brothers – Do It Again With You
7. Britney Spears – Slave 4 U
8. UNKLE feat Lupe Fiasco – Runaway
9. Blink 182/Kylie Minogue – Adams Lovers Song
10. Breakbeat Heartbeat – Feeling This
11. Katy Perry/Snoop Dogg/Mr Hudson/Kanye West – SuperCali
12. Splittr – All Alone
13. Dirty South feat Rudy – Phazing
14. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool – Dance The Way I Feel
15. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool _ Jacksons Last Stand
DOWNLOAD: Right click and save as SIT WOLF @ Eclecticity 2010 Part 4
Apologies for the wait. I hope you will find it worth it!
S.I.T Wolf X
So tonight i can finally get round to uploading my set from Eclecticity last month. I blame Chris for taking so long! Although to be fair he has done a really good job of converting the set and keeping the audio quality at a good level (it’s around 260 kbps). Before anyone gets the wrong idea and thinks this is actually the live gig audio, it’s not. It hasn’t been a miked up recording and caught audience noise, buzzing bass and crackly beats and all the other crap that comes along with it. No, what he done was simply record my set through Traktor while i was playing . So it’s a perfect, clear and audible version. Anyone who uses Traktor will know that it only deals in wav files when it comes to the recording function so these files have been converted to MP3 and Chris has very kindly chopped what was a 4 hour set into 1 hour or so sections. This will allow me to burn them onto discs and also make downloads easier.
1. Queens of the Stone Age – Someone’s In The Wolf
2. Japanese Popstars featuring John Spencer – Destroy
3. HTRK – Disco
4. The Question?
5. Teki Latex – Dinosaurs With Guns
6. G-Tronic – Suckerpunch
7. TKNK – Tank
8. Refused – New Noise
9. Missil – Get Busted
10. Dgtl Monkey – In The Middle
11. Designer Drugs – Drop Down
12. Cyberpunkers – OMG
13. Mix Hell – Highly Explicit
14. The Mastertrons – Gardaland Is Destroyed
15. Audionite – Blank Volume
16. Buy Now – Body Crash
17. Dirty Disco Youth – Minds…Off
18. Night Kids – Gurgle 2.o
19. Polen – Funk You
20. Felix Da Housecat – Kick Drum
DOWNLOAD: Right click and save as SIT WOLF @ Eclecticity 2010 Part 1
Tracklisting (Part 2)
1. Felix Da Housecat – Kick Drum
2. The Subs – Mitsubitchi
3. Moderat feat Busdriver – Beatswaysick
4. EdiT feat The Grouch – Artsy
5. Bloody Beetroots feat The Cool Kids – Awesome
6. Kissed With A Noise feat Young Buck – Watuppp
7. Congorock – Babylon
8. Micro Prophets – Steel Your Soul
9. Mighty Fools – Amsterdam
10. Boemklatsch – Bonafied
11. The Party Squad – Pull Up
12. Modeselektor – Dancing Box
13. Boreta – Bubblin’ In The Cut
14. Black Holes – War Drums
15. EdiT – Battling Go-Go Yubari In Downtown LA
16. Mike Posner – Cooler Than Me
18. The Qemists – Dem Na Like Me
19. Nixon – 2012
DOWNLOAD: Right click and save as SIT WOLF @ Eclecticity 2010 Part 2
Parts 3 and 4 will go up next weekend.
S.I.T Wolf X
…….so it’s been a while since the last mixtape was posted. Just 3 weeks short of 6 months to be precise. I hope this one can make up for it.
The original idea for this mixtape was to make a glitch effort but once i had whittled down my tracklist it turned into a kinda best of 65daysofstatic and LOD with a bunch of Bring Me The Horizon remix versions and a few other tracks that just seemed to fit. I made it a while ago now, like March or something. My friends and a small gathering of drunken people at an underground nightclub are the only ones to have heard it. It’s not my most inventive mix yet but it is one of my favourites that i’ve put together so far.
The mix begins with John Cusack introducing (scene from High Fidelity) over a guitar loop from “Death Breath” and kicks into an hour and seventeen minutes of noise. Some breakbeat, some techno, electro, a pinch of glitch, maybe even some indie/punk, a pop princess or two, some sheer white noise, a bit of gabba, a few mash ups, a few oldies, a few new tracks and just for good measure a little appearance from Albert Einstein.
Someone’s In The Wolf – Bring The Static Doom Mixtape
The main contributions come from:-
Bring Me The Horizon
Legion Of Doom
The other artists/remixers in order of appearance are :-
Otto Von Schirach
Funeral For A Friend
Saves The Day
A Static Lullaby
My Chemical Romance
Horse The Band
L’Amour La Morgue
The Dismemberment Plan
and of course Mr Albert Einstein
S.I.T Wolf X
This is the last mixtape of 2009 and is largely made up of songs that i played at the Halloween show in D.U.S.K back in October. It doesn’t really need an explaining, its just a straight ahead club/dancefloor type mix. It starts off slowly with a number (pardon the pun) that was aimed to get girls and boys on the dancefloor. It worked at the club that night so put it on at a New Years or Christmas party this year and see if it has the same effect. I decided to splice and cut the whole mix with some radio segments and audio samples i found kicking about online, i was contemplating using them during the gig but thought best not to incase i interrupted the flow of the music. I liked the idea of using segments and speach samples cos it reminded of my favourite album of all time, Songs For The Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age. The rest of the mix is just some glitchy, techno, electro songs that i enjoy. I put a few beats and bleeps into certain songs to try and maintain that live feel that i got during the gig.
If you download this mix i’d definitely recommend playing it at full volume for full effect.
You Can’t Teach Rhythm Mixtape
1. Girls On Top – I Wanna Dance With Numbers (Kraftwerk vs Whitney Houston)
2. Digitalism – HomeZone (Proxy Remix)
3. Glass Candy – Intro
4. Mix Hell – Highly Explicit (Huoratron Remix)
5. ZZT – The Worm (NT89 Remix)
6. Lovely Chords – How To Clean Your Boyfriends Teeth (Douster Remix)
7. Erol Alkan & Boys Noize – Death Suite (Bobermann Remix)
8. Bob Rifo – Kinky Malinki (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
9. Huoratron – $$ Troopers
10. Huoratron – The New Shit
11. Art Whiplash – Party, Sex and Bullshit (Toxic Avenger Remix)
12. Black Holes – War Drums
13. Mix Hell – Boom Da (Crookers Remix)
14. JFK – Baby Techno
15. Mikix The Cat – Wuz
16. Mikix The Cat – Zuluking
17. D.I.M – Frogger
18. Fake Blood – Mars
19. Bloody Beetroots – Warping Is Awesome (ToMy Edit)
S.I.T Wolf X