This is a special Monday List to celebrate one of my best friends birthday. Today, Emma leaves teenager-dom behind and turns 20.
So to celebrate here’s 20 random facts (in no certain order) about Emma and some songs to go along with them.
1. She’s a vegetarian
MP3: The Knife – Vegetarian Restaurant
2. She’s more than a tad brainy
MP3: The National – Brainy
3. She’s a child of the 90’s
MP3: 5ive – Slam Dunk Da Funk
4. She should’ve been a hippy in the 60’s /70’s
MP3: Technohead- I Want To Be A Hippy
5. She’s a bit of a bookworm
MP3: Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton – Reading In Bed
6. She’s very persuasive
MP3: R.E.M – Pretty Persuasion
7. She loves jelly
MP3: Eels – Jelly Dancers
8. She’s in love with James Franco and Robert Downey Jr and many many more
MP3: Foo Fighters – Stacked Actors
9. She hates surprises (so she’ll probably hate this post)
MP3: Radiohead – No Surprises
10. She’s a good liar
MP3: Arctic Monkeys – Dance Little Liar
11. She has a filthy mind/sense of humour
MP3: Amanda Ghost – Filthy Mind
12. She blames me for all of her hangovers
MP3: The Radio Dept – Sleeping In
13. She has tiny hands
MP3: Interpol – Hands Away
14. She’s very girly at heart (although hates to admit it)
MP3: Twin Atlantic – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
15. She’s very very sarcastic
MP3: Soulwax – Funny
16. She happens to have a taste for very expensive dresses
MP3: Sufjan Stevens – The Dress Looks Nice on You
17. She’s addicted to certain American TV Comedy Series
MP3: Blur – Coffee And TV
18. She would probably mash Paris and New York together if she could (New PaYorkRis?)
MP3: Corinne Bailey Rae – Paris Nights/New York Mornings
19. She’s an excellent secret keeper
MP3: Queens of the Stone Age- The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
20. She’s pretty much amazing (but pretends not to know)
MP3: Mousse T. feat. Emma Lanford – Is It ‘Cos I’m Cool
A few more random things.
You share your birthday with Will.I.Am, Terence Trent D’Arby and Eva Longoria. Julius Ceasar was murdered on this day as well apparently.
Oh and it’s a national holiday in Hungary. Just thought i’d throw that in for some international appeal. And you never know they might be secretly celebrating your birthday.
“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you….”
I know you’ve probably seen this before but here it is anyway….
Happy Birthday Emma
S.I.T Wolf XX