Who shot what? Who killed whom? What time is it?
This is just a collection of songs from one of my favourite films. I watched it for the first time in ages tonight and forgot how good the soundtrack actually is.
Angelo Badalamenti and Barry Adamson where the main contributors to the atmospheric and sometimes disturbing sounds and backgrounds in most scenes but there were more than a few big names from the world of music willing to help out David Lynch when it came to the soundtrack. None more so than Trent Reznor who didn’t just write the short piece “Videodrones: Questions” for the movie but actually went and wrote a brand new Nine Inch Nails song specifically for the film, the song in question being the now legendary cult classic “The Perfect Drug”. I say “cult” classic because even though the song is a fan favourite and was released as a single it’s never been played live by Reznor or the band, hence it’s cult status and unfortunate resignment to being played in nightclubs, rooms and headphones the world over. Oh and Lost Higway obviously.
Other bands/artists who added songs to the soundtrack were Smashing Pumpkins, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Rammstein and Marilyn Manson. I would seriously recommend looking up and buying the OST for Lost Highway, a great collection of tense and eerie music that will take you back into the mood, atmospherics and flashbacks of the film itself. Which is quite ironic given the “reality?/dream?” and flashback themes throughout the film.
MP3: Nine Inch Nails – The Perfect Drug
MP3: Smashing Pumpkins – Eye
MP3: David Bowie – I’m Deranged [Edit]
MP3: Lou Reed – This Magic Moment
MP3: Marilyn Manson – I Put A Spell On You
S.I.T Wolf X
Technophobia is by far the loudest and most “sudden” of my mixes so far. There’s no introductions, no voice samples, no bridging between songs and no ending as such. The idea to make it came to me after i had my Ipod on shuffle and a few songs came on back to back that just seemed to fit perfect together. And that was the birth of this mix. I decided on the name Technophobia because i could use it as a kinda double edged word. On one hand it could be used as a term for “fear of dance/techno music” and on the other it could be used to desribe the actual mix, as it’s technically not techno music i’m using (maybe i have a fear of techno, get it?). It’s more of an electro feel to it, albeit very heavy electro. Hope you enjoy.
Play it loud to annoy the neighbours.
YES, THIS WOMAN HAS JUST HEARD THE TECHNOPHOBIA MIXTAPE….
Technophobia left click once to open the file then right click and save target as
1. Toxic Avenger – Superheroes (CCC/Someone’s In The Wolf Version)
2. Boys Noize – Down (Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
3. MSTRKRFT – It Ain’t Love (Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
4. Trash Yourself – Touch
5. We Are Terrorists – Burn Your Club
6. Lies In Disguise – Meet Your Replacement
7. Toxic Avenger – Poker Face (L.I.D/Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
8. The Badical – Man Hole 69
9. Japanese Popstars – Delboys Revenge
10. Trash Yourself – Fuck The Police
11. Grum – Go Back (Intro only)
12. Steed Lord – You (O.Vision/Someoene’s In The Wolf Remix)
13. A-Trak & Boys Noize – Oh! (Someone’s In The Wolf DistortedVersion)
14. Le Castle Vania & Smashing Pumpkins – Zero Machine (Someone’s In The Wolf Edit)
15. Primary 1 – Hold Me Down (The Shoes Remix)
16. DatA – Rapture
17. The Faint – Agenda Suicide (JagzK/Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
18. Splittr – All Alone (Alex Metric Vocal Re-Work/Someone’s In The Wolf Vocal Mix)
As i’ve said before there are a few mores mixtapes in production. They will see the light of your ears soon.
S.I.T Wolf x