I’ve fell off the wagon and deep back into addiction. It was at it’s worst about 3 years ago but i gave it up and my condition steadily improved but recently i’ve found myself plummeting back into the downward spiral and never ending joy of………
Play it here.
So here’s a wee list dedicated to everything Balloony….
Everything You Do Is A Balloon
1. Boards Of Canada – Everything You Do Is A Balloon
2. Wavves – Convertible Balloon
3. Pulled Apart By Horses – Meat Balloon
4. MysteryRoar – NYC Balloon
5. The Kills – Black Balloon
6. Foals – Balloons
7. Ghost Mall – Balloon Ideas
8. Twin Shadow – Yellow Balloon
9. Mew – Beautiful Balloon (Acoustic)
10. Muse – Balloonatic
MP3: Balloonsex – An Amazing Saturday Involving Sea Creatures
MP3: Maximum Balloon (feat Aku) – Tiger
S.I.T Wolf X
Tired of the same old boring Christmas songs year after year? The same songs in the same style every December? Fear no more…..
This is a Christmas mix with a little bit of a twist. Nothing too “out there” or but different enough to keep you from going insane with the sounds of X-Factor garbage or other annually released festive “songs” ringing in your ears.
The mix starts off with an epic track from Mew and goes into some Christmassy pop and funk then we head into Christmas cover territory and mix it in with some fuzz from the Crocodiles, Dum Dum Girls and a boy/girl cracker (pardon the pun) in the form of The Hives and Cyndi Lauper. After that the mood drops slightly with some more sombre and thoughtful numbers….but wait, we’re rescued by E from Eels telling everything’s gonna be cool! Then Maps serenades all the mistletoe lovers with his version of East 17’s “Stay Another Day”, Band of Horses make us glow like Christmas trees with “The First Song” then Jonah, Chino and Grady give us their take on the Band Aid classic. After that it’s time to test the ears. Can you recognise all the different versions of of “White Christmas” that Corporal Blossom has mashed together? We end with 65daysofstatic take on the same classic song. And if your brave auditory system can get through the joyous white noise you’ll be rewarded with the little Christmas bonus of Arcade Fire having fun doing a version of “Jingle Bell Rock”. Full tracklist below.
An Alternative Christmas
1. Mew – She Came Home For Christmas
2. Best Coast and Wavves – Got Something For You
3. James Brown – Soulful Christmas
4. Summer Camp – Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses cover)
5. Jimmy Eat World – Last Christmas (Wham cover)
6. Weezer – O’ Come All Ye Faithful (Christmas carol cover)
7. The Hives and Cyndi Lauper – A Christmas Duel
8. Death Cab For Cutie – Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) (Darlene Love cover)
9. Crocodiles and The Dum Dum Girls – Merry Christmas (Baby, Please Don’t Die)
10. Asobi Seksu – Merry Christmas (I Don’t Wanna Fight) (The Ramones cover)
11. The Boy Least Likely To – Christmas Isn’t Christmas
12. Bon Iver – Blood Bank
13. Frightened Rabbit – It’s Christmas So We’ll Stop
14. E – Everything’s Gonna Be Cool This Christmas
15. Maps – Stay Another Day (East 17 cover)
16. Band Of Horses – The First Song
17. Far, Deftones and Will Haven – Do They Know It’s Christmas (Band Aid cover)
18. Corporal Blossom – White Christmas
19. 65daysofstatic – I’m Dreaming Of A White Noise Christmas
20. Arcade Fire – Jingle Bell Rock
Download it over at mediafire An Alternative Christmas with SIT Wolf
or have a listen first on the Soundcloud link below and then head on over there and download it.
I made the mix 70 minutes long so that it will fit nice and snugly onto a CD and you can entertain/bore your family with it over Christmas dinner. I’ve already made a few CDs up for my friends and family.
S.I.T Wolf X
ps. I’ve had to hold off the “Are Friends….” interview with Santa till during the week. He was busy this weekend, said he was wrapping stuff up or some shit like that. Fucking amateur.
I’m sure most of you are aware that today is the summer solstice. The day when the sun stands still. The longest day of the year when the summer is at its brightest.
Todays solstice has certainly lived up to it’s billing so far, it’s been yet another fantastic day weather wise. So to celebrate the summer getting into full swing and the beginning of the long, long summer nights, barbecues and parties here is a list of summer based tracks i had lying around on the laptop. They vary from summer holidays through to summer romance and more.
1. Wavves – Summer Goth
2. Girl Talk – Summer Smoke
3. Refused – Summerholiday Vs. Punkroutine
4. Raindear – Childhood Memories Of Summer
5. Incubus – Summer Romance (Anti-Gravitiy Love Song)
6. Avi Buffalo – Summer Cum
7. Crocodiles – Summer Of Hate
8. The Manhattan Love Suicides – Indian Summer
9. Singapore Sling – Summer Garden
10. Taking Back Sunday – You’re So Last Summer
MP3: The Unwinding Hours – Solstice
Summer also means festivals. Sadly though this year will be the first year since 200o that i have missed T in the Park. In previous years i’ve also managed to take in summer festivals in Germany and Austria. Both were unforgettable experiences. In fact the only musical festivities i’ll be taking in this year is that of the West End Festival in Glasgow.
I suppose it’ll be a nice change and for once i won’t have to wake up boiling hot and hungover in a tiny polyester tent……….who am i kidding? I’m gonna miss it big time. Festivals made my summer to an extent but the new house takes priority this year and if i’m lucky i may be able to fit in a big festival of some sort at the end of the summer or maybe even September. There’s always ATP as well at the end of the year.
MP3: Deftones – My Own Summer
Summer also brings that old tingling warm sensation, literally. It’s called sunburn and a few of my friends have already been “lobsterified” this summer. So has this dude below, why is he still smiling!? Feel the burn!
MP3: Muse – Sunburn
Summer Can Do Strange Things To A Man
S.I.T Wolf X
Ps. Today is also my big sister Lisa’s birthday. 29 today! I’ve tx and phoned her so i might as well go for the treble and wish her a good one on here as well, Happy Birthday Lis! xxxx
She’s away on holiday at the moment so i gave her the prezzies a few days back. Among them was Iggy and The Stooges “Raw Power” Special Edition. A fine choice if you ask me.