Inside a warm, dark club, lit only by the random bursts of neon lights/flames that shoot across the roof, lurks shiny turntables and some huge fucking speakers. Behind those turntables lurk two men dressed in Venom masks poised and ready to go…….. Welcome to The Bloody Beetroots @ Death Disco…..
Bob Rifo and Tommy Tea (aka The Bloody Beetroots) are two men with a purpose, they’re intent on making our ears bleed, intent on making The Arches shake to the core, intent on making everyone who has squeezed into the club jump and bounce all night. They carried out their intentions and more. By 3am everyone was drenched in sweat, i mean everyone, even the bar staff couldn’t help moving to the wonky techno and disorientating beats that were furiously leaping from the sound system all night. Even the weather couldn’t ruin the night. It was pissing down outside but nobody cared, there was no way our tshirts could get any wetter (is wetter a word? dunno) than they already were with sweat. Everyone who was there left with a smile on their face and wandered off into the rainy Glasgow morning drunkenly mumbling to each other about how good a night they had. I got home sometime between the hours of 5:30am and 6am , i can’t remember exactly when but i know i stayed up discussing the night with my mate Gustav till 7am, then the dawn broke and i went to bed. When i woke up in the morning i had all the signs of a cold coming on (is it any wonder after wandering around Glasgow in a sweaty tshirt while the rain lashes down) but who cares? Not me, not after a night like The Bloody Beetroots. It was well worth it.
MP3: Bloody Beetroots – Warp 1.9 feat. Steve Aoki
MP3: Bloody Beetroots – Anacletus
I found this on YouTube yesterday, its a clip from Saturday night aptly described as “Bloody Beetroots fucking up Death Disco”. Couldn’t agree more. Have a listen. You’ll wish you were there.
GIG RATING: Bloody Beetroots 9.9 out of 10
S.I.T Wolf X
The Found Fun, Lost Weekend mitxtape was something i decided to put together early yesterday morning. All the songs were chosen on the spot, i had no certain tracks or anything that i was gonna work off of they way that i usually do. I just wanted to make a soundtrack that we could stick on back home after The Bloody Beetroots gig last night (one of the top 3 gigs i’ve been to, easily, but more about that soon). So i started off the mix with a bit of humour then straight into one of my own remixes and then from there onwards just some wonky, glitchy, digital dance music followed by some fast rapping infused songs and then onto a kinda chillout section at the end.
Found Fun, Lost Weekend Tracklist
1. Midfield General feat. Fielding – Midfielding
2. Dolby Anol – Puppies (Someones In The Wolf Remix)
3. UNKLE – Restless (DJ Edjotronic and Busy P Remix)
4. Trash Yourself – Die
5. TMVR – Bowie In The Bronx
6. Dirty Disco Youth – The Kids Want Maximal
7. Pance Party – Fun Factory
8. Bloody Beetroots feat Steve Aoki – Warp 1.9
9. Black Holes – War Drums
10. Modeselektor feat TTC – Dancing Box
11. MSTRKRFT feat E40 – Click Click (Someones In The Wolf Edit)
12. Pendulum – Tarantula
13. The Qemists feat Mike Patton – Lost Weekend
14. The Subs – Music Is The New Religion
15. Shadow Dancer – Landlines
16. Freeland feat Brody Dalle – Borderline
17. Trentemoller feat Anne Trolle – Moan
18. Bat For Lashes vs Delerium – Pearls Silence
19. Moderat – A New Error
MP3: Someones In The Wolf – Found Fun, Lost Weekend Mixtape
(remember it is possible to download straight from this blog if you want)
But here’s an alternative download
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nljk22gnjyg/Found Fun, Lost Weekend Mixtape.mp3
It couldn’t be easier, click the above link, click on download now when you get there and then waiting for your download to appear. Simple.
S.I.T Wolf x
Technophobia is by far the loudest and most “sudden” of my mixes so far. There’s no introductions, no voice samples, no bridging between songs and no ending as such. The idea to make it came to me after i had my Ipod on shuffle and a few songs came on back to back that just seemed to fit perfect together. And that was the birth of this mix. I decided on the name Technophobia because i could use it as a kinda double edged word. On one hand it could be used as a term for “fear of dance/techno music” and on the other it could be used to desribe the actual mix, as it’s technically not techno music i’m using (maybe i have a fear of techno, get it?). It’s more of an electro feel to it, albeit very heavy electro. Hope you enjoy.
Play it loud to annoy the neighbours.
YES, THIS WOMAN HAS JUST HEARD THE TECHNOPHOBIA MIXTAPE….
Technophobia left click once to open the file then right click and save target as
1. Toxic Avenger – Superheroes (CCC/Someone’s In The Wolf Version)
2. Boys Noize – Down (Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
3. MSTRKRFT – It Ain’t Love (Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
4. Trash Yourself – Touch
5. We Are Terrorists – Burn Your Club
6. Lies In Disguise – Meet Your Replacement
7. Toxic Avenger – Poker Face (L.I.D/Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
8. The Badical – Man Hole 69
9. Japanese Popstars – Delboys Revenge
10. Trash Yourself – Fuck The Police
11. Grum – Go Back (Intro only)
12. Steed Lord – You (O.Vision/Someoene’s In The Wolf Remix)
13. A-Trak & Boys Noize – Oh! (Someone’s In The Wolf DistortedVersion)
14. Le Castle Vania & Smashing Pumpkins – Zero Machine (Someone’s In The Wolf Edit)
15. Primary 1 – Hold Me Down (The Shoes Remix)
16. DatA – Rapture
17. The Faint – Agenda Suicide (JagzK/Someone’s In The Wolf Remix)
18. Splittr – All Alone (Alex Metric Vocal Re-Work/Someone’s In The Wolf Vocal Mix)
As i’ve said before there are a few mores mixtapes in production. They will see the light of your ears soon.
S.I.T Wolf x