Tonights list is dedicated to songs that come in all shapes and sizes, literally. The criteria for the list required having a shape (or reference to shapes) in the song title or the artists name. Some songs are quite long, the New Order track clocks in at just under 7 minutes and there are a few short ones, namely the track by The Octagon and the song “Tommib” by Squarepusher which is barely over a minute long. The avid film fans among you may recognise that particular Squarepusher track from the film Lost In Translation. The particular scene that it’s from is a perfect example of music and cinema coming together to create a beautiful moment.
I Change Shapes Just To Hide In This Place…
1. Testicicles – Circle Square Triangle
2. Idlewild – When I Argue I See Shapes
3. Squarepusher – Tommib
4. New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle
5. Boards Of Canada – Turquoise Hexagon Sun
6. The Models – Bend Me, Shape Me
7. The Octagon – Suicide Kings
8. Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
9. Russian Circles – Hexed All
10. Circlesquare – Hey, You Guys
Two songs from absolute classic albums. both with Shape in the titles.
from The Shape of Punk To Come..
MP3: Refused – New Noise
and from The Colour and The Shape…
VIDEO: Supergrass – Diamond Hoo Ha Man
And thats it for another week.
“Colours answer feeling in man, shapes answer thought and motion answers will”
S.I.T Wolf X