After a rather long and draining but equally enjoyable weekend i find myself feeling very tired but unable to fall asleep. I ended up nodding off for about ten minutes earlier on tonight and felt like shit after it, now i can’t get to sleep at all. The weekend involved a slightly insane jaunt through to Stirling, a night out in the ghost town known as Paisley and a Sunday that seemed to last forever. I’ve only had around about 16 hours sleep since 6am on Friday, the tiredness had been there since last midweek anyway but now its finally caught up with me. In fact it’s more than caught up with me, it’s overtaken me and leaving me behind, it’s heading off into the distance faster than Usain Bolt on steroids. Even my usual method of listening to some Boards of Canada or The Album Leaf in the dark isn’t working. Anyways, in a rather ironic twist (and while i’m still awake) i’ve decided to make a list of SleepyTime themed songs that i have….
1. The Postal Service – Sleeping In
2. Explosions In The Sky – With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept
3. Deftones – If Only Tonight We Could Sleep (cover of The Cure)
4. My Bloody Valentine – When You Sleep
5. Grand Archives – Sleepdriving
6. St Famous – Tired And Emotional
7. Idlewild – Let Me Sleep (Next To The Mirror)
8. Passion Pit – Sleepyhead
9. REM – The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite
10. Thee Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra – The Triumph Of Our Tired Eyes
and just as a wee bonus track (and because it takes me back to my childhood, well the Lion King in specific)
Maybe one of the reasons i can’t get to sleep? MP3: Blur – Coffee And TV
Faithless – Insomnia (Live @ Glastonbury 2002)
Simian Mobile Disco – Sleep Deprivation
….and just before i head off and attempt to knock myself out i’ll finish with this lovely bit of music from one of my favourite bed time artists…
remember that all mp3’s are freely available to download from this page but always try and support your favourite artists.
Ok i’m off, i’m hoping that if i work my way through The Album Leaf discography whilst curled up in the dark counting sheep i’ll end up in the land of Z’s….wish me luck.
S.I.T Wolf X