This weeks list is a little different from any previous weeks, its about the myth/man/woman/entity/spirit known as God. Now before i go any further, i’m not a practising Christian, i’m not emotionally attached to any certain religion but i’m not an Atheist either. Personally i don’t know what to believe about any higher beings, ghost or spirits etc. I’m open minded on all aspects of the whole subject. This list is just for fun, no offence is intended or anything. I suppose to a certain extent i do believe in “a God” but not in “the God”. Every religion is entitled to their own belief as is every person. Just thought i’d clear that up because i know what some of the Politically Correct brigade are like.
And without further ado here is the Top 10 God Bothering/Loving Tracks…..fortunately for all ears out there Creed are not included, dunno if you could guess by my tastes but i’m not exactly their biggest fan.
1. Queens of the Stone Age – God Is in the Radio
2. Beach Boys – God Only Knows
3. MSTRKRFT – Fist Of God
4. Faithless – God is a DJ
5. Gutter Twins – God’s Children
6. Moby – God Moving Over The Face Of The Water
7. Alice In Chains – God Smack
8. Nine Inch Nails – God Given
9. Modeselektor – Godspeed
10. Joan Osborne – (What If God) Was One Of Us
As usual to download the tracks just click on them once to open the file then either “right click save target as” or simply left click once more for the option to save the file.
Before i go…..
This just scares me…..like, really scares me…
For those who have never seen the video before the story behind it is as follows. A deeply religious Christian woman has taken part in the American version of Wife Swap. She’s returned to her family after spending a week (2 weeks maybe? who cares) or so with another family. Apparently this family aren’t quite as Christian as her, in fact according to her they’re from the “Dork Side”, i think she means Dark………so anyways she returns to her home and lets rip on her poor family with a very strange almost psychotic outburst over religion. Weirdo.
S.I.T Wolf X
ps. God Only Knows What I’d Be Without You……you know who you are
Apologies for the late weekend mixtape but i’ve been a busy boy. As many of you will know, this Wednesday past happened to be the 9/9/09. I was going to make a special mixtape up on the Wednesday to commemorate this once in a lifetime date. Well, my lifetime anyway, unless i somehow live till September 2109. Anyways, i couldn’t get round to making the mix up on the Wednesday due to more important matters, ie. getting drunk and watching the Scotland vs Holland game round the local watering hole. So i thought to myself “i’ll make it on the Thursday”….but i was too hungover. Friday? Went and seen a friends band playing in Stereo (i’ll post some stuff soon). Saturday? Couldn’t. It’s a long story.
But!……… But! Today i finally got the time to make it. The theme of the mix takes on a 999/Accident & Emergency vibe, so bands and songs that were included had to have that kinda slant to their name. Things along the lines of Police, Ambulance, Criminals, Fire, Accidents etc. Hope you enjoy!
Axe A Dent and Emerge and See Mixtape Tracklisting
1. Patrick Wolf – Accident and Emergency
2. Dead Kennedys – Police Truck
3. Rage Against The Machine – Killing In The Name Of
4. Blood Brothers – Ambulance vs Ambulance
5. Crystal Castles vs Health – Crimewave
6. Mew – Small Ambulance
7. Twilight Singers – There’s Been An Accident
8. Damien Rice – 9 Crimes
999. Thieves Like Us – Drugs In My Body
10. Queens Of The Stone Age – Thats A Killer Scene You’ve Got There, Man..
11. UNKLE – Doctor Who Theme Tune
12. Freezepop – Pop Music Is Not A Crime
13. The Police – so Lonely
14. Lobsterdust – Put On The Red Light (Police vs Coldplay)
15. The Killers – Mr Brightside
16. Maybeshewill – We Called For An Ambulance But A Fire Engine Came
17. Ambulance Ltd – Yoga Means Union
18. The Prodigy – Firestarter (Empirion Remix)
19. Goldfrapp – A & E (Gui Boratto Remix)
MP3: Someone’s In The Wolf – Axe A Dent and Emerge and See Mixtape
alternative download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nwnm2tmwdqx Axe A Dent and Emerge and See Mixtape
And as a little bit of bonus material here’s a few songs that are along the same theme but didn’t quite make the mix
Janes Addiction – Been Caught Stealing (live on the BBC)
Oceansize – Music For A Nurse
S.I.T Wolf X